Contact Us Page Shipping Policy PageReturn Policy Page
NPX Bioplastics Nitrate & Phosphate Reducer, 400 ml- $16.99
Jump to Shopping Cart
Two Little Fishies NPX Bioplastics Nitrate & Phosphate Reducing Polymer Media is like no other current product!!
These NPX Bioplastics polymers (developed by Julian Sprung) provide a time-released source of food for bacteria that can quickly assimilate nitrate and phosphate.
How this product works: Anaerobic zones develop within the Spheres/ pellets, thus promoting de-nitrification there-in.
As well, when "churned" in a Fluidized Filter or Reactor, bacteria develop on the pellet surfaces and slough off, then these bacteria can be removed with a protein skimmer or serve as planktonic food for corals, clams, sponges and other filter-feeding invertebrates.
Please Click on the picture to enlarge for a better view
• Superior to Vodka Dosing Methods to reduce Nitrates (NO3) & Phosphates (PO4) in Marine Aquariums
• Excellent solution to issues with Acropora and other corals that fail to thrive even after improving lighting with high output lights such as the TMC LED Aquarium Lights
• Can be used in any filters; Hang-On, Wet/Dry, Canister, etc., however you will achieve the best results in a Reactor or Fluidized Filter
• Generally for Marine Aquarium Use; However it may be used in a freshwater aquariums (excellent in planted and Amazon River Aquariums) WITH SeaChem Purigen and possibly Matrix (Purigen is usually required in freshwater use, Matrix is not)
• Use with a Protein Skimmer is generally suggested (although with large amounts filters feeders present, use as a planktonic food can often suffice).
Use of an Ozone Generator (connected to a Protein Skimmer) is also sometimes helpful, but not always necessary, as this will help reduce a by product that is possible with these Bioplastics spheres (& more so the Vodka method) called "Gelbstoff" which produces a yellowish water.
However, the use of SeaChem Purigen can also help if any yellowing occurs (or as a 2nd choice substitute for a Protein Skimmer)
Since Protein Skimmers generally do not work well in freshwater aquariums, the use of Purigen is strongly suggested for best results. Please note, the Purigen CANNOT be used inside the chamber where it will degrade much too rapidly, rather it is best placed in another filter running on the same tank or at the intake or return of the FSB Filter.
• Directions: Use 100 ml Bioplastics per 25 gallons (approximately 100 Liters).
After two to four weeks, nitrate and phosphate levels should decrease. Since the "Two Little Fishies" NPX Bioplastics are slowly consumed, more Bioplastic spheres will need to be replenished periodically.
When used in a Fluidized Sand Bed Filter; replace an equal volume of sand with the Bioplastics.
It is IMPORTANT to maintain sufficient water flow through NPX Bioplastics to prevent production of hydrogen sulfide gas, generally this is not a problem if placed in high flow area of a wet/dry, HOB, or similar filter (with a properly functioning Fluidized Filter or reactor, this should never be an issue).
NPX Bioplastics spheres can affect water oxygen saturation, so good circulation via breaking surface tension with water pumps (such as the Seio propeller pump) and/or air pumps is strongly suggested.
AcroPower Amino Acids for SPS Corals, 250 ml- $12.99
Jump to Shopping Cart
• Two Little Fishies new formula AcroPower supplies essential amino acids that corals need to build their skeletal architecture.
Corals, like other other animals from the Phylum cnidaria, have a special ability to uptake amino acids from the water column across their entire surface.
• In a typical reef aquarium with protein skimming and other filtration methods; these deplete amino acids that are vitally important for coral health.
• Delicate Corals such as Montipora & Acropora become more colorful within days due to the extension of the growing margins when Two Little Fishies AcroPower is used.
Add to a strong current stream for rapid distribution in the water.
Dose 5 mL per 94.6 L (25 Gallons) at least once per week, or use a dosing pump.
Does not require refrigeration, but store in a cool, shaded location to maintain shelf life.
Shelf Life 2 years
For our full Shipping & Return Policy Pages (International Shipping, Checkout Info. Express, etc.) or to "Contact Us" Click the buttons above.
*Please use the Shopping Cart below to purchase products via Credit Card or PayPal.
Below is our standard shopping Cart for single & ALL multiple purchases
*Transit time varies from 1-8 business days for the Lower 48 USA depending upon shipping method chosen. Please See Shipping Policy (click on) if you have ANY shipping questions
*For Shopping Cart or Credit Cart Problems, see Shopping Cart Tutorial
*We only Ship Internationally to Canada, UK, Mexico, Most of Western Europe, Israel, Australia, New Zealand; (other locations must contact us first)
Use black arrow to drop menu down to select item, then click on item to place in cart, followed by clicking on the "Add to Cart" Button (item quantities can be changed in cart or you can continue shopping)