- Seachem Conditioners
- Seachem Prime
• 500 mL (Treats 5000 gallons)
• 250 mL (Treats 2500 gallons)
• 100 mL (Treats 1000 gallons)
• 50 mL (Treats 500 gallons)
Prime is the complete and concentrated conditioner for both fresh and salt water. Prime removes chlorine and chloramines. Prime converts ammonia into a safe non toxic form that is readily removed by the tanks bio filter. Prime can be used during tank cycling to alleviate ammonia/nitrite toxicity. Prime detoxifies nitrite and nitrate, allowing the bio filter to more efficiently remove them.
* Removes Chlorine & Chloramines
* Detoxifies Ammonia and Nitrite (most test kits will still test positive since they cannot test ionization changes in ammonia or nitrites).
This detoxification process is IMMEDIATE!
* Prime will also detoxify any heavy metals found in the tap water at typical concentration levels (not meant for removal of large concentrations or chelated metals)
* Promotes the generation of a natural slime coat
* Non acidic and will not impact pH or over activate skimmers
* Can be dosed up to 5 times the standard dose for nitrite emergencies (standard dose removes 2.2 ppm nitrite when no ammonia and low amounts of nitrates are present)
* Most Salicylate or Nessler based ammonia test kits (such as the API Ammonia Test) cannot discern between highly toxic ammonia (NH3) the and safe non toxic form of ammonium produced after use of Prime, resulting in positive tests for ammonia. Do not be alarmed as this is still useful information as to your tanks cycling progress.
*Consider the use of the SeaChem Ammonia Alert which uses an innovative color device which also uses a gas exchange sensor for continuously detecting and monitoring toxic free ammonia and will ONLY display toxic NH3 ammonia (please click on the link to our Test Kits page to purchase)