• Frog Moss (Pillow Moss) will come back to life and grow in proper terrarium or aquarium conditions.
• Increases Humidity in Terrariums for all high humidity loving species of reptiles and amphibians.
• Although originally intended for Terrarium use, our use in aquariums has shown this to work well as an alternative to peat by placing in filter or anywhere else peat is used.
As well Frog Moss can potentially be used as a living decorative plant in aquariums (results may vary for this application).
(See Picture to the left, please click to enlarge)
• ZooMed Pillow Moss/Frog Moss acts as a natural Acid Buffer, acting to counteract Alkaline Buffers (KH) in aquariums, which is helpful for soft water preferring fish aquariums.
An excellent substitute/compliment to Peat, Indian Almond Leaves (Bio Lif), etc.
In experiments with a 15 gallon aquarium utilizing two Frog Moss pieces; the Frog Moss reduced KH from 60 ppm to 10-20 ppm in one week For this reason, Frog Moss is not recommended for aquariums where a high KH is a must such as African Cichlids.
• Even if this Frog/Pillow Moss turns brown, its natural tannins are still useful for aquarium acid buffering, so it should not be disposed of unless it disintegrates into small fragments that could clog filters.
• Suggested use would be to place in a filter bag, then into the filter where it still acts as a source of acid buffering tannins (or even place the filter bag containing the Pillow/Frog Moss directly into the tank in an area of higher water movement).
• Includes FOUR approximately 4-5" by 4-5" pieces of Frog Moss.
For our full Shipping & Return Policy Pages (International Shipping, Checkout Info. Express, etc.) or to "Contact Us" Click the buttons above.
*Please use the Shopping Cart below to purchase products via Credit Card or PayPal.
*Transit time varies from 1-8 business days for the Lower 48 USA depending upon shipping method chosen. Please See Shipping Policy (click on) if you have ANY shipping questions
*For Shopping Cart or Credit Cart Problems, see Shopping Cart Tutorial
*We only Ship Internationally to Canada, UK, Mexico, Most of Western Europe, Israel, Australia, New Zealand; (other locations must contact us first)
Below is our standard shopping Cart for single & ALL multiple purchases Use black arrow to drop menu down to select item, then click on item to place in cart, followed by clicking on the "Add to Cart" Button (item quantities can be changed in cart or you can continue shopping)