Our Aquarium Maintenance companies have been using this product since the early 1990s for both Marine and Freshwater Aquariums with excellent results!
While certainly not a cure all for poor water management (nor is the otherwise excellent Wonder Shell), however as part of a water quality management program for your aquarium, this product can make a noticeable difference in water clarity and nitrate levels (in fact controlled tests measuring nitrates and water clarity by our maintenance company in the 1990s proved this).
SMALL ALGONE 6 Pouch Box- $7.49
For Small to Medium Aquariums (5 to 125 gallons)
Treats up to 330 gallons (each pouch treats up to 55 gallons)
LARGE ALGONE 6 Pouch Box- $12.99
For Large Aquariums (Over 125 gallons) or small to medium Ponds
Treats up to 1200 gallons (each pouch treats 125+ gallons)
• Clarifies Water; Active compounds clarify dissolved organic and inorganic pollutants, toxins, and odors
• Removes Nitrates; Nitrate fixating microorganisms incorporate excess nitrogen into the cellular mass, while bioactive enzymes assimilate nitrogen from the water column
• Purifies Water; Enzymes break down proteins, carbohydrates and metabolic waste into insoluble complex structures
• Reef and Plant Safe; Trace elements are protected from early precipitation increasing the bio availability for plants, corals, and other organisms
• Ingredients; Naturally occurring enzymes, tannins, iodine from Barley Straw that floculate bacteria and provide a carbon rich food source for nitrifying & de-nitrifying bacteria.
The use of Barley straw and extracts there in has been a proven method of water clarification for years by pond keepers.
Changes in Redox (ORP) by Algone is proof of de-ntrification.
Reference: Effect of ORP on De-Nitrification
Use one small pouch for each 1- 55 gallons of water (one pouch effectively treats 55 gallons of water).
Place pouch in filter (preferred) such as a canister, HOB, or directly under a sponge filter, or place anywhere in the tank provided it is submerged in water.
*Our maintenance company has had success changing Algone Pouches every two weeks for normal nitrate/ammonia control maintenance.
Change every 5 days for serious issues until brought under control.
For our full Shipping & Return Policy Pages (International Shipping, Checkout Info. Express, etc.) or to "Contact Us" Click the buttons above.
*Please use the Shopping Cart below to purchase products via Credit Card or PayPal.
*Transit time varies from 1-8 business days for the Lower 48 USA depending upon shipping method chosen. Please See Shipping Policy (click on) if you have ANY shipping questions
*For Shopping Cart or Credit Cart Problems, see Shopping Cart Tutorial
*We only Ship Internationally to Canada, UK, Mexico, Most of Western Europe, Israel, Australia, New Zealand; (other locations must contact us first)
Below is our standard shopping Cart for single & ALL multiple purchases Use black arrow to drop menu down to select item, then click on item to place in cart, followed by clicking on the "Add to Cart" Button (item quantities can be changed in cart or you can continue shopping)