- Lighting Premium
- TMC AquaBeam 2000: 30 Watt Reef White NP (Nature Prefect) Ultima
TMC AquaBeam 2000: 30 Watt Reef White NP (Nature Prefect) Ultima
• The Reef White NP Ultima is an over all deeper penetrating 20K reef aquarium light, which consists of (4) 10,000K extremely high output NEW patented Ocean White XT-E LED, (2) "Fiji Blue" XT-E LEDS (deep blue), and (4) NEW "patent pending" NP full spectrum Blue ("Nature Perfect" from Osram Oslon) LED emitters
These have two different channels. Daylight can be controlled separately from the NP Blue emitters (with the use of a controller or unplugging one lead).
• Unique individually focused/lensed 60 degree beam angle emitters for MORE DEPTH penetration.
• The overall color balance of the "Reef White Ultima". When fully on, it replaces a 20,000K light.
It is ideal for a deeper penetrating light in a marine reef aquarium up to 30 inches in specimen placement
• Uses the newest generation patented XT-E emitter by CREE (NOT an off the shelf XT-E emitter) as well as patent pending Osram Oslon NP emitters, with the first unique "FULL SPECTRUM" blue emitter specifically designed for photosynthetic marine life!
More about the patented Nature Prefect Emitter: Amazing technology, where what we see with our eye and what light energy being provided to the tank are different from each other.
Osram NP Blue emitter
It would be hard to give a peak wavelength for this emitter as it is not a narrow bandwidth. This LED has a little phosphor on there to enable it to emit light across the whole visible spectrum. It’s spectrum actually looks this (the dotted line is the human eye response curve).
So, not only a more natural looking moonlight, but also a more natural overall spectrum, while providing a great action spectrum.
• PAR 380 uEinsteins/sec/m2 @15 inches of air, making this the HIGHEST output aquarium LED for PAR with .08 µMol•m²•sec per input watt on a watt per watt of energy consumed comparison (twice as efficient as the Radion Pro, and 3 times that of many such as the Kessil)
• The Reef-White Ultima 2000 IS STILL THE PREMIER REEF LED for PUR light output per watt of energy used. Despite the non-scientific hype coming from some & compares to up to a 250 Watt Metal Halide in useful light energy.
• Up to 50,000 hour lamp life (equivalent to 6x fluorescent lighting) with no significant deterioration of spectral quality (unlike ALL fluorescents)- Low heat with no fans allow for full length of emitter life.
• AquaRay uses "Pulse Width Modulation" (PWM) to control their LED dimming as opposed to using 0-10V "Reduction of Current" used by MOST competing brands of LED fixtures.
PWM is effectively turning the LEDs on and off very quickly (faster than the eye can see) so there's a consistent voltage current and no change to the spectral output.
As well there is MUCH LESS ENERGY LOST TO HEAT as with "Current Reduction", which is why cooling fans are not necessary.
AAP's AquaRay's (imported from Tropical Marine Centre in the UK) includes the Newest generation of proprietary & licensed Osram Olson NP & CREE XR-E, XP-E, XP-G, XT-E, XB-D, & ML-E high performance LED emitters. These are among the best emitters available for Aquarium LED Lights.
An AAP AquaRay purchased today likely has an UPDATED version of the emitter/circuitry used in the same model a year earlier.
These CREE Emitters should NOT be confused with "over the counter" binned CREE emitters sold for other lighting applications & fixtures, as these do not produce the same optimum spectrum of light required for delicate marine inhabitants and plants.
These custom emitters are NOT available to the general public OR even other LED Manufacturers.
The proprietary CREE & patented Osram Olson emitters are developed for these specific applications & have the highest useful energy, Lumens per Watt of any other LED emitter. These easily out produce most popular Economy "Black Box" LED fixtures as well as T5 & CFL lights when compared watt to watt with MUCH less wasted light energy..
When the "watts per gallon rule" for planted/reef aquariums is applied to these LEDs, it can come out to requiring only .6 watt per gallon for high light requiring plants and .8 watt per gallon for advanced reefs (this formula is for aquariums under 22" of water depth).
• Highest useable output of light per energy consumed of ANY LIGHT (including other Aquarium LEDs).
As much as 3-5 times the useful energy output per input wattage as measured by PAR & PUR as popular economy Chinese made LEDs such as the Finnex, Fluval, or SB Reef LEDs!
The result when comparing "apples to apples" is that the AquaRay LED ends up often being LESS COSTLY both up front & even more so long term when cost of energy consumed and 5 year warranty is considered!
As well, heat generation is much less due to this efficiency, so there is no need for a chiller during warm months unlike Metal Halide or large high wattage black box type LEDs!
Making these LEDs suitable for all freshwater & marine set-ups, including full reef tanks incorporating LPS/SPS hard corals.
AquaRay LED Spectrographs• With modern emitter & driver technology at high intensity, very exacting nanometer spikes can be obtained with the AquaRay LEDs whose emitter bin specifications are the cutting edge in aquarium lighting
The spectrograph/picture to the right demonstrates these emitters.
• Highest Efficiency of PAR per input energy.
By comparing PAR at the same depth (15" of air is the standard), take the input wattage and divide it by the PAR reading. You will find efficiencies as high as .08 watt of input energy per point of PAR in the AAP Reef White NP 2000 LED to as low as 2.7 watt per point of PAR in the Beamswork EA Timer FSPEC LED.
The better LEDs are under .30 watt (such as the Kessil at .28) with most LEDs falling in the .4 to .50 watt range.
• Low voltage & cool running utilizing large heat sinks & NO COOLING FANS TO BREAK DOWN due to higher efficiency drivers/PWM, UNLIKE most other popular LEDs; with the lowest running costs and carbon footprint of any lighting system available.
• Unique Shimmer Effect
Unlike fluorescent lamps, AquaRay lighting delivers a directed, or "focused" source of light. The passage of this light through water is comparable with what would be seen in nature under direct sunlight. In other words, visible beams of light will pierce the water and reflect the movement of the water surface, producing a more natural and eye-catching shimmer effect in the aquarium itself.
• Fully Dimable, such as an slow dim of an hour on/off when using the AquaRay Controllers (sold separately, but NOT necessary for use of lights). Standard household timers can be used for simple on/off cycles.
Can be used with other controllers, such as Apex, but only for on/off function. PWM is required for dimming.
• Less expensive than T5 lights when compared to the equivalent light energy of (2) T5 18 Watt lights & fixtures including, electrical usage, initial cost, T5 annual lamp replacement over the 5 year life of a 12 watt AquaRay LED light fixture. The AquaRay costs roughly $133 vs. $318 for the T5
This comparison can also be made 30 watt GroBeam/AquaBeam 2000 & 1500 to a Metal Halide of about 250-400 watts for which the electrical usage difference would be more than double the above figure and when adding in a chiller, which may no longer be needed, the savings adds to even more!
• Can be paired with other aquarium lighting types.
• The AquaRay line of LEDs is modular and is NOT a one size fits all system as with so many other LED lighting systems. 12+ different fixtures for specific design of specific needs.
For example in Reef Aquariums: the NP 2000 is the deeper penetrating LED (for tanks with depth 20" to 30") but with less light spread. The NP 1500 is the same light, however with less penetration but a wider spread (24 x 24" vs 18 x 18")
The 600 is similar in depth penetration as the 1500 (some versions such as the Fiji Blue deeper), but is meant to fill in gaps when used with tiles or for smaller tanks.
The 500 tiles fill in gaps for smaller aquariums both planted and reef with good depth penetration down to 24"
• Warranty for 5 years lamp/emitter unit (which generally is with the NEWEST version of the fixture) and 2 years on the power supply
All others are ONLY 1-3 years and even then, these have to be returned for lengthy repairs & are restricted to having a % of emitters out. We generally provide a brand new often UPGRADED replacement LED fixture IMMEDIATELY (we generally take 1-2 days for testing), not a repaired fixture after a several week wait!!
PLEASE NOTE that TMC as of September 2015 requires online registration for all AquaRay products to obtain the full 5 year warranty, otherwise it is 2 years via our records of proof of purchase. Once registered, it becomes your property and cannot be returned other than for warranty replacement.
Here is the Registration Web Page (which requires the AAP packing slip copy): TMC Warranty Information/Registration
NO OTHER AQUARIUM LED SELLER MATCHES OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!
You will NOT get this customer service from any of the retailers online or in Canada using our hard work & research to sell AquaRay lighting with no product backing or knowledge.
• All OUR AAP LEDs are COMPLETE with power supply and in-hood mounting, unlike some discount sellers.
Additional power supplies/controllers are NOT required for operation.
• Approximately 9-10 feet of cord/cable from the power supply, plus 18" from the ballast to plug for ease & safety of connection.
By plugging these into a Multi-Controller, 4-8 "plugs" can be eliminated (See the Controller Section).
• Water Resistant Design (IP67). Highest level of protection, NO OTHER Aquarium LED has this rating, the next highest is IP66. Protected from dust and against the effects of immersion in water to depth between 15 cm and 1 meter. Consider this along with the longest warranty with full replacement before you purchase an expensive electronic piece of equipment and place it in a wet environment!!
Many of the cheap Chinese LEDs do not water-proofing whatever and are daisy chained together. So your 1/3 to 1/2 off deal is not so much of a deal when it ceases to function in short order (most other LEDs warranties have exceptions to water damage too)
• Simply stated, these LEDs can maintain optimum lighting for reef and planted aquariums along with the best LEDs for less electrical output and a warranty no other LED even comes close to!!