Premium Swing Check Valve w/ Hose Barbs
• Unlike Swing Check Valves sold elsewhere, this one is a "ready to go" COMPLETE unit with male hose barbs for easy connection into 1/2" to 5/8" flexible Tubing.
• Prevents water from backing up during power or pump failures. This is especially useful with Wet/Dry Filters or Fluidized Sand Bed Filters
• For best results this valve should be mounted as close to vertical as possible with the flow going up
• Swing check valves are better for most aquarium applications over spring check valves as they require less pump pressure and thus restrict flow much less.
• Fits 1/2 to 5/8 inch ID Flexible Tubing while fits 3/4 inch ID Flexible Tubing.
• Best Placed before the filter or pump, anywhere water can back up in a sump system, or before a return that is under water such as with wet/dry sump, FSB filters, or some canister filter applications which can potentially allow water to back up in the event of a power or pump failure.