Heavy Duty ABS Bulkhead, 1" Thread x Thread with FPT tightening
• Most popular size & type!!
• Includes seating gasket
• 1" PVC & ABS fittings thread into each end and the bulkhead is easily hand tightened using the FPT tightening nut; NO glue needed, self sealing!
• Insert Dimensions = 1-5/8"; Tightening Nut Dimensions = 2-1/2"
• For use with glass or acrylic aquariums
• Requires 1-5/8" to 2" hole cut into glass or acrylic aquarium/tank (you want the hole to be slightly smaller than the tightening nut dimensions to allow proper compression while at or just larger than the insert dimensions)
• We recommend Part 12B (3/4" x 1" Bushing) to fit most common 3/4" tubing filters, UV Sterilizers, etc. to this popular bushing. A part (9B) 3/4" Male Hose Barb can then also be added to connect tubing to the bushing from under the aquariums or wherever the bulkhead is utilized.
The picture to the right shows this bushing when mounted to glass or acrylic (click to enlarge)
• Hand tighten or slightly wrench, over tightening does not provide a better seal and can result in bulkhead failure.
When used correctly, Carl Strohmeyer (the owner of AAP) has had these ABS bulkheads last decades, not a just a few years as implied by some inaccurate YouTube videos.
To provide more security from leaks, Carl suggests adding a small bead of quality aquarium silicone on both sides of the bulkhead just prior to final tightening. This idea was handed down to him by an old timer aquarium builder years ago and it has allowed him to have bulkheads last as long as the aquarium itself!!