- Kordon Medications
- Kordon Methylene Blue (4oz)
Kordon Methylene Blue (4oz)
Useful treatment in hospital tanks or as a double strength bath to treat fungal (including egg fungus), bacterial, and parasite infections.
• Also useful as a bath for ammonia poisoning.
• Can be used for transportation (shipping) of fish as it prevents disease spread and is a hemoglobin transfer agent allowing more oxygen in crowded environments.
• Can be used with caution with many invertebrates such as crabs, shrimps, & snails. HOWEVER we do not recommend the use with most freshwater plants, and Methylene Blue should not be used with marine corals, Cephlapods, & anemones
To prepare a 30 minute Methylene Blue bath; I use 1 teaspoon 2.303% solution per 5 gallons (double dose) in a bath of aquarium water from the tank the fish you wish to treat came from.
We suggest using about a ½ gallon of water, however you may use less.
Measurement of the Methylene Blue does not need to be precise (although do not intentionally overdose more than double recommended dose, and even then this should only be used at double strength in fish baths of 30 minutes).
Make sure you keep the water in a warm area, as in a cold room the water temperature can drop rapidly which would stress the fish.
Do NOT pour this water back into your display aquarium when finished. This can be performed twice per day.
For VASTLY more in depth information about Methylene Blue, such as use in baths and disease prevention see these articles:
*Aquarium (& pond) Parasite & Chemical Treatments; Methylene Blue
*Aquarium Answers; How to perform a Fish Bath
* "Aquarium Disease Prevention; Medicated Baths"