AAP SunSun JAP-18000 Amphibious Pump
• High water flow rate
• Highest head pressure of ANY comparable mag-drive water pump available at any price!
• Double Screen Guard to protect pump. Most pumps including the Jebao & Atlantic only have an inner guard!
• Can be used either submersed (under water) or in-line; completely amphibious
If used out of the water, in line; make sure the pump is place in a location below the water level of the pond
• 1" to 1-1/2" flexible tubing connections; Inlet & Outlet
• 1" hard PVC connections; Inlet & Outlet
• Thermally protected
• Encapsulated pre-filter
• 110/120 Volt
• As with ANY Mag Drive submersible pump, these should NOT be used with a pond skimmer due to variable input restrictions that can damage the pump and void the warranty (only a direct drive pump should be used for such applications)
• YOU WILL NOT FIND A BETTER AND MORE POWERFUL PUMP AT A PRICE EVEN CLOSE TO THESE AAP-JAP SERIES HIGH CAPACITY PUMPS
MODEL JAP 18000
• 4755 GPH (18000 LPH)
• 650 watts
• Maximum head pressure 24.6 ft.
• Dimensions; 15.75 x 5.5 x 6.5 inches
• Weight; 12 lbs.
As with ANY submersible magnetic drive pump, your should always protect the pump intake with more than just the supplied screens with rock beds or similar as per our Pond Care Article.
The reason being is that when one gets into a magnetic drive pump with the amount of wattage and size magnet these and other pumps use, all it takes is some debris to get into the impeller well and the power of thus type of pump will simply shred itself in an attempt to run.
Just because a discounter such as Chewy or Amazon does not state this is not beause their pumps are better (actually they have less inner magnetic impeller protection), they simply do not have the expertise we at AAP have with decades of hands on experience. As well, these discounters sell more by not telling you the consumer this!!
The pictures below show a few examples what we recommend to protect your pump: