TMC V˛ Oł Zone Ozone Generator
Top of the line Ozone Generator which raises oxidizing levels, making your Protein Skimmer more efficient which helps to break down harmful waste products produced by fish, removing yellowing compounds and creating crystal clear water
TMC UV Sterilizers
Tropic Marine Center Pond Advantage Professional UV Sterilizers for Ponds or aquariums
A decoration that also acts as strong natural acid buffer lowering KH and pH for softer water preferring aquarium fish
SeaChem Reef Builder
SeaChem Reef Builder raises carbonate alkalinity without sudden impact of pH, while not depleting calcium, magnesium, or strontium which usually tend to precipitate with increasing alkalinity
(1) For Marine Aquariums (in particular delicate Reef Aquariums) to use with quality marine salt mixes so as to prevent the addition of undesirable elements, toxins or nitrogenous organic compounds.
RO (Reverse Osmosis) water is of particular importance in “topping off” of marine/saltwater aquariums so as to prevent build-ups of Nitrates (most tap or well water contains nitrates) and to a lesser degree alter chemistry.
(2) For freshwater aquariums duplicating Amazon River or Southeast Asia waters.
For these water using RO water at 25% of aquarium water or higher, along with products such as SeaChem Replenish and/or Wonder Shells to replenish essential elements/electrolytes back into the RO water is the most simple way to both start and maintain correct water chemistry. In fact this is vastly more desirable to the use of “Ph Down” or similar products that often result in dangerous pH bounces due to alkaline reserve found in tap or well water (mineral replenishers such as Replenish or Wonder Shells do not add to alkaline reserve (please see this article for a further explanation: Aquarium Chemistry; Amazon River/SE Asia Aquariums
Or for excellent information on how to properly use RO Water in an aquarium: RO and DI Water Use in Aquariums
This is why the Tropic Marine Centre V˛Pure Reverse Osmosis System is important additional aquarium equipment any of the above noted aquarium keepers should not be without.
What TMC brings to the RO system market (as the basics are all similar) is a company known for their strong backing of their product line, unlike other Aquarium RO system manufacturers that often do not regularly supply their retailers with replacement parts. As well TMC is well known as a “top of the line” aquarium supplies manufacturer with rugged construction that sets apart their RO units from all others.
This sets the TMC RO Systems apart from often inferior competing products, in particular as to the "cheapie" RO Systems found at Lowes, Home Depot, or even other Aquarium product manufacturers that often require a booster pump for higher water pressure (unlike the TMC RO Unit), and also many are not aquarium water quality since some add sodium and thus should never be used for aquarium applications. Based on our experience, these are the most durable RO filter units in their class you can purchase anywhere.
(Other Quality TMC Products include the V2 Protein Skimmers, UV Sterilizers, etc.). The Bottom line is there is NO better Reverse Osmosis System available! Please read on to find out why, including our tips for use
• Three-stage, professional RO (reverse osmosis) system incorporating high quality components. Click on picture(s) to enlarge for a better view
• 10 inch Sediment/Micron pre-filter cartridge which functions as a first stage filter, removing particles of up to 5 microns from the water while also protecting and prolonging the life of the RO membrane.
This highest quality 5 µm pre-filter is enclosed inside a transparent filter housing so it is easy to see when the filter needs to be changed.
It is noteworthy that many of not most micron filter cartridges are 10 µm versus the TMC @ 5 µm
• 10 inch activated carbon block filter which offers the highly effective removal of contaminants such as chlorine/chloramines and colorants from the water.
Far superior to other RO carbon filters we have used in our aquarium maintenance business in that these last twice as long or longer than most others
• High quality Thin Film Composite (TFC) RO membrane, which removes contaminants such as heavy metals and hardness-forming minerals from the water, as well as a high percentage of nitrogenous wastes (nitrates, ammonia, etc.) and phosphates. Salt retention rate 98 - 99%
• Although these TMC RO Systems do not include an additional DI stage; based on our aquarium maintenance company's use of such units over decades, these are more of a gimmick that adds considerably to operating costs for no added benefit for aquarium use.
The DI stage is helpful topping off automotive batteries, however the removal of some additional mineral cations that the DI stage provides is not necessary for aquarium uses, both saltwater and freshwater and in fact these mineral cations that the DI chamber removes generally is an aspect of water you need to add back in and thus really is best NOT removed.
• Integral pressure gauge which helps to indicate when the RO membrane may need to be flushed or replaced, ensuring the RO system gives the optimum performance.
• Integral flow Restrictor/manual flush valve which prevents excess water flow to the RO membrane and allows regular flushing of the RO membrane to prolong its life.
• Compact, space-saving design incorporating a strong, metal wall-mounting bracket ensuring quick and simple installation (see the download further down for the complete instructions and quality parts list).
• Supplied complete with a self-piercing water connector, drain clamp, 6m of Ľ" RO flexible tubing (2m white/2m red/2m blue) and a filter housing removal tool.
The "Advanced" models have all the benefits of the standard models but also incorporate a feature-packed in-line TDS monitor which measures the Total Dissolved Solids value both before AND after water passes through the V˛Pure RO System, providing a visual indicator of its performance.
• In-line digital TDS monitor which measures and provides a highly accurate "real-time" display of total dissolved solid levels before AND after water passes through the RO system, providing a visual indicator of its performance.
• "Real-Time" calculation of TDS removal rate with a removal rate indicator. When the TDS removal rate is above 80% the LED glows green and when the TDS removal rate drops below 80% the LED glows red.
Maintenance/ Suggested Use: *Dispose of the first 2-3 gallons of water produced during new filter operation or after change of Membrane.
It is noteworthy that during the first few hours output of waste water is quite high while "good" water is quite low; this is normal and does not indicate the need for higher water pressure. *Change Carbon Block and Sediment/Micron Filter every six months or 2500 gallons of water produced, whichever comes first *Flush Membrane every month or 1000 gallons of water produced, whichever comes first *Change Membrane every 2-3 years or 12,000- 18,000 gallons of water produced, whichever comes first. *In our Aquarium Maintenance business we found the use of a 32 gallon Rubbermaid or similar trash can the best way to store RO water. We would run the RO water directly through a small hole in the lid of the trash can with a secondary tube near the top to an overflow container should this first container fill while no one was present.
The advantage of this over a pressurized RO tank (besides simplicity and cost) is that with a pressurized RO tank, most are under 5 gallons and once filled the RO System will shut off, of which 5 gallons is far from enough water for most aquariums. However with the 32 gallon plastic container, enough RO water is rarely an issue!!
For our full Shipping & Return Policy Pages (International Shipping, Checkout Info. Express, etc.) or to "Contact Us" Click the buttons above.
*Please use the Shopping Cart below to purchase products via Credit Card or PayPal.
*Transit time varies from 1-8 business days for the Lower 48 USA depending upon shipping method chosen. Please See Shipping Policy (click on) if you have ANY shipping questions
*For Shopping Cart or Credit Cart Problems, see Shopping Cart Tutorial
*We only Ship Internationally to Canada, UK, Mexico, Most of Western Europe, Israel, Australia, New Zealand; (other locations must contact us first)
Below is our standard shopping Cart for single & ALL multiple purchases Use black arrow to drop menu down to select item, then click on item to place in cart, followed by clicking on the "Add to Cart" Button (item quantities can be changed in cart or you can continue shopping)