We also sell Volcanic Rock that although is not the exact Volcanic pumice that comes with this filter, I have used it successfully (I generally break it into smaller "chunks" with a hammer for this filter). Please see this listing: Volcanic Rock Aquarium/Pond Filter Media
For replacement UV-C Lamps which should be changed every 6 months to keep your Aquarium or Pond UV Sterilizer working at 100%: UV Bulbs
Although we do sell the SunSun Pond UV Filter, we do this as these are the only purchase options for these products. We have found that Filters with self contained UVs DO NOT work as well as a separate UV unit (from many years experience maintaining ponds as well based on established UV Sterilization data).
The SunSun Heavy Duty Premium Pressurized Pond Filter is only available with a UV Sterilizer (as are most pressurized filters nowadays).
ALL these Filter UV combinations (not just the SunSun) are only marginally effective for green water control without a separate UV Sterilizer added inline.
Unless the green water problem is only mild, we strongly suggest the purchase of a TMC 15 Watt Pond Advantage UV Sterilizer Clarifier or TMC 25 Watt Pond Advantage UV Sterilizer Clarifier as a compliment.
An important reason for why we recommend a separate UV Sterilizer/Clarifier is water flow rate and contact time. With a separate unit you can control the flow rate thru your UV much better than a self contained filter/UV, effecting a much better contact time and germicidal kill rate. The UV Sterilizers that come built into many pond filters including the otherwise excellent Clear Stream Pond Filter are often ineffective. This is true for ALL Pressurized Pond Filters (in fact many such as the Tetra are even less effective).
The problem is that most come with UVs ranging from 5 to 18 watts, the 9 watt is being the most common (at least the SunSun is 13 watts).
So when you install this filter to a pump that moves 2000 gph through a 9 watt UV you are effecting a 222 gph per watt rating which is generally useless (you need a flow rate UNDER 45-60 gph per watt for these filters!!).
Please read this in depth article about the use of UV Sterilization in Ponds & Aquariums for a further explanation: UV Sterilization
Pressurized Pond Filtration, The Benefits:
• Units can be conveniently positioned below the level of water delivery
• Can be partially buried in the ground for minimal visual impact
• Easy to clean
• Can be placed in multiples or combined with other pond filters (including DIY Bog Filter) for larger ponds or filter redundancy.
• Large diameter inlet and outlet ports. Suitable for use with low pressure/low voltage pumps
Most Pictures/Diagrams Below can be clicked on to enlarge for a better view
Please scroll down to the Shopping Cart to purchase
• Easy to install and maintain
• Quad-action filtration for maximum efficiency
• Multiple types of bio foam filtering media for beneficial aerobic bacteria
• Long lasting bio-sphere biological media
• Complete filtering system
• Reverse flow filtration
• We improve this filter by adding Volcanic Bio Filter Rock. This increases both biological nitrifying and de-nitrifying abilities of this filter. You will not get this added feature with ANY other Pressurized Pond Filter, including another SunSun purchased elsewhere!!!
• The SunSun CPF-280 Pressurized Pond Filter with UVC Sterilizer is equipped with a 13 Watt G23 UV bulb with a protected quartz sleeve. Water resistant ballast with E-39 wire connections and over 15 feet of wire allows the ballast to be remotely mounted close to a GFCI electrical outlet (Please see further information on this web page about the use of Pressurized Pond filters with UVs).
• Filter capacity; 8 Liters
• Filter dimensions; 15"L x 15"W x 16.5"H • Suggested Pond Size (with low bio load and no additional filters); UP TO 2200 gallons or 1100 gallons for high bio load and no additional filters
For LARGER Ponds, Multiples of this filter can be used or it can be paired with other filter types such as a Submersible Pond filter
• Suggested Flow Rates; 750- 2400 GPH (2800-9000 L/h)
• Suggested Pipe size; .75- 1.5 ID Tubing
• THE BEST PRESSURIZED POND FILTER, FOR THE BEST PRICE!
For Aquarium Applications, this may be helpful:
Please see this article for further information about this type of application: Aquarium Filtration; Canister Filter Alternative
(please scroll down in this article to the Canister Filter Section)
With any water pump in a pond environment, adding rock such as volcanic rock around the pump is strongly suggested so as to act as a pre-filter to prevent premature pump clogging and even damage.
See examples here: Pond Care Information
Often higher flow pumps may need the return line split with a flow diverter to provide the correct flow rate through your filter (we sell flow diverter on our Plumbing Parts page).
For our full Shipping & Return Policy Pages (International Shipping, Checkout Info. Express, etc.) or to "Contact Us" Click the buttons above.
*Please use the Shopping Cart below to purchase products via Credit Card or PayPal.
*Transit time varies from 1-8 business days for the Lower 48 USA depending upon shipping method chosen. Please See Shipping Policy (click on) if you have ANY shipping questions
*For Shopping Cart or Credit Cart Problems, see Shopping Cart Tutorial
*We only Ship Internationally to Canada, UK, Mexico, Most of Western Europe, Israel, Australia, New Zealand; (other locations must contact us first)
Below is our standard shopping Cart for single & ALL multiple purchases Use black arrow to drop menu down to select item, then click on item to place in cart, followed by clicking on the "Add to Cart" Button (item quantities can be changed in cart or you can continue shopping)