The picture above shows an aquarium (75 gallon) with both TMC GroBeam LED and T2 6400K lights installed for extremely high light output Click on the picture to enlarge
RELATED PRODUCTS & INFORMATION;
For the Latest Generation LED Aquarium Lights: LED Aquarium Lights
The newest generation LED Aquarium Lights have no equal when long term cost and output are compared apples to apples
For the best in High Output CFL Aquarium Lights: SHO Aquarium, Hydroponics Lights
The SHO is a light proven in Greenhouse applications with PROVEN results for plant growing applications.
Also available standard Compact Fluorescent Lights
UV Sterilizer Pump
The SunSun Third Generation Internal UV Sterilizer Pump/Filter is a notable improvement on the other 1st & 2nd generation Internal UV Sterilizers of questionable performance and reliability
*"I just received the two 8 watt T2 you sent me. These have replaced the coralife mini that I have set up on my ten gallon planted tank. It is a funny shaped bow front that has always been hard to light. the back and sides were painted black and it has dark driftwood and black substrate so it is all that more difficult to light, but your new lights appear to TRIPLE the light output and it reaches every corner of this tank all for less wattage"
VIDEO OF PLANTED AQUARIUM WITH T2 LIGHTS
HO Sub Miniature T2 and Standard T8 Lights
Unique new generation T2 fluorescent aquarium lamps and fixtures provide high lumen, high PAR light in a small space, even smaller than the older generation T5 lamps/lights. A vastly superior replacement (for useful light energy and cost of operation) over older T8 Aquarium lights for fish only tanks, even larger tanks due to linkable feature!
*The full spectrum T2 can also be used in the Home/Office or mini Greenhouses/Hydroponics set ups (the 6400K Daylight Spectrum has been proven to be best for mental stimulation, so these light fixtures are awesome for household/office use as well as aquariums)
As well we also sell hard to find T8 lights to fit many Via Aqua Aquariums (such as the VA 380 & 680) and similar.
Light starters are also available for the T8 lights.
• Very Low Profile with a 7 mm Diameter and compact length
• Axial type Wedge base
• VHO/ 82 CRI
• 73 LUMENS PER WATT; for example the 13 watt 6400 K produces 950 lumens (73 Lumens per Watt) which is 70% more lumens per watt than most bulbs, making this one of the best planted aquarium lamps available for its size (as well as an excellent complimentary Marine/Reef Light)!
Even a standard T5 Light does not have this output per watt, only LEDs are more efficient! *Bluntly, the highest output of useful light energy for aquatic life of ANY fluorescent light!
• The Newest Technology T2, the 3rd generation model #302; includes a rotating lens with built in reflector, a feature not available in T5 Fixtures!
• Now Available; Actinic Blue T2
• For freshwater OR saltwater use (excellent for SW zooanthellic/symbiotic algae growth), or even home lighting too for economical space saving healthy full spectrum lighting. • A LOT of light from a very small lamp that takes up little space! In fact one 13 watt T2 produces as much light as two comparable 6400 K 15 watt CFLs (13 watts vs. 30 watts for the same light!)
Click on the picture to the left for a comparison. As little as 1 to 1.25 watts per gallon for a planted aquarium is all that is needed from these T2 Lights!!
• 10,000 hour lamp
• Very low Heat Output from self contained/ballasted fixture
• Great for DIY applications in hoods where space is a premium!
• These T2 fixtures are great for retrofitting small hoods in aquariums with little space needing an intense plant light (or lighting a shelf of bettas), includes on/off switch
• Linkable; complete fixtures (each includes ballast) can be connected in series (end to end), or in parallel via connecting plugs that are provided with each fixture (no separate purchase necessary to utilize this feature).
• With linkable feature (INCLUDED) this is not only an inexpensive replacement for older style aquarium light fixtures, it is far superior to much of what is currently available including the older technology T8 (or even slightly older T5) fixtures/lamps.
• Lamp is protected and is easily changed (see the picture below which also troubleshoots correct lamp placement)
Picture (Below)Demonstrating Replacing or Re-Seating T2 Lamp (often the lamp gets unseated during shipping due to small contacts):
• For example, two of these fixtures linked together (forming a longer fixture with two lamps) would work well for most 60 gallon Freshwater aquarium OR for the same tank one could add two sets side by side for planted aquariums or even many saltwater aquariums (with reefs or high light requiring planted freshwater we recommend supplementing with AquaRay LED Lights).
Even a longer tank, such as a 6 foot aquarium can have 3 or 4 T2s linked together to make a superior upgrade from outdated T8 or T12 lights many freshwater fish tanks still employ, with an increase in useful light energy and a decrease in electrical operating costs due to vastly higher efficiency. Please note due to the fragile nature of a lamp this small in diameter, lengths longer than 21 inches are not practical, which is why the linkable feature is so useful! Back To Top Please click on the pictures above and below to enlarge • Includes mounting brackets for shelf mounting as well. Easily mounted in hoods, canopies, or simply above the aquarium.
Mounting can also be achieved by adhering these light fixtures with silicone
• Includes "Built-in" Electronic Ballast, On/Off Switch, & Power Cord
*Please Note; A maximum of Four T2 Fixtures can be linked in one chain, with 2 or 3 achieving better results (too many fixtures in one chain can cause premature failure)
*Also; Do NOT over tighten the mounting screws to the point that the fixtures pull away from the contacts for the T2 Lamps as this can result in a T2 light that either does not work or is overly sensitive due to poor lamp/fixture contact!
• A must have for small planted aquariums or nano/pico marine aquariums, especially where space is a premium
*#302; 13 Watt HO Fixture for T-2, INCLUDING bulb! - $32.99
Jump to Shopping Cart Measures Length; 21.25” (53.8 cm); width is 7/8" (2.3 cm); the depth is 1-5/8" (4.3 cm)
• Available in 6400K and Blue
*#302; 11 Watt HO Fixture for T-2, INCLUDING bulb! - $30.99Jump to Shopping Cart Measures 17.25 inches (43.8 cm)
• Available in 6400K and Blue
*#302; 8 Watt HO Fixture for T-2, INCLUDING bulb!- $28.99Jump to Shopping Cart Measures 12.6 inches (32.0 cm)
• Available in 6400K only
T2 Light Fixtures are made exclusively for American Aquarium Products by HANGZHOU KAPOK LIGHTING CO.,LTD
T- 8 Aquarium Lamps (Basic Lamps for Via Aqua Aquariums and others)
Please click on pictures to enlarge for a better view *11", 10 watt Daylight bulb -$8.99
Also available; 11"/10 watt Actinic BlueJump to Shopping Cart
• Fits Via Aqua 380 and other aquariums requiring an 11-1/4 inch (approx. 12" pin to pin) bulb.
• T8-10D 11
• UPC: 006903721783
• Wattage: 10
• Color: 10,000K Daylight
• Length: 11.25" without pins/ 11.75” with pins
* NEC Bio-Lux #FL 10; 10 watt, 13" Bulb -$10.99;
Also available; 13"/10 watt Actinic Blue- $10.99Jump to Shopping Cart
• For Via Aqua 380 requiring a 13" bulb
• 13 inches not counting pins
• 13.5 inches with pins Back To Top * NEC Bio-Lux #FL 15; 15 watt, 17" Bulb- $11.99 Jump to Shopping Cart
• 6700K Tri-phosphor
• For Via Aqua 680 Aquarium & others
• Exact measurements; 17.25 inches not counting pins
• 17.75 inches with pins
For our full Shipping & Return Policy Pages (International Shipping, Checkout Info. Express, etc.) or to "Contact Us" Click the buttons above.
*Please use the Shopping Cart below to purchase products via Credit Card or PayPal.
*Transit time varies from 1-8 business days for the Lower 48 USA depending upon shipping method chosen. Please See Shipping Policy (click on) if you have ANY shipping questions
*For Shopping Cart or Credit Cart Problems, see Shopping Cart Tutorial
*We only Ship Internationally to Canada, UK, Mexico, Most of Western Europe, Israel, Australia, New Zealand; (other locations must contact us first)
Below is our standard shopping Cart for single & ALL multiple purchases Use black arrow to drop menu down to select item, then click on item to place in cart, followed by clicking on the "Add to Cart" Button (item quantities can be changed in cart or you can continue shopping)